Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Friday, January 17, 2014

Space and My Childhood

So, I went to a little lecture this evening about Saturn and the Cassini space probe, and while I didn't learn all that much, I do love the subject.  Astronomy is just so fascinating to me.  It really makes me disappointed when I hear about how NASA's getting its budget cut, and cutting-edge missions to far-off places are getting cancelled because there's not enough money.  I dream of flying to space one day, of all the things I want to do in my life, that is the one I want to happen the most.  I remember way back in the 90's, watching that little Sojourner rover trundle across Mars, it was amazing just how much it captured my imagination.  And at about that same time, I remember watching Comet Hale-Bopp in the night sky.  Now that was a sight, I remember it being brighter and bigger than the moon.  Space is a place for dreams and ambition, and losing that excitement from our lives would be a big loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment