Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Team Fortress Tuesday #10

Today, I want to talk about the Pyro.  A lot of people don't like the guy for one reason or another, but Pyro is by far my favorite class.  I never get to play Pyro because there's always two already and multiple Pyros is really not effective...I'm going on a tangent.  I want to talk about the Pyro's main secondaries: the Flare Gun and the Shotgun.  I know the Detonator's a decent weapon, but frankly, I just don't find it's piddling little jump worth it, and if I want to have a flare with splash, I'd use the Scorch Shot and I'm getting off track again.  Anyway, the Flare Gun is a fantastic weapon.  If you can hit your shots, it's brutal at mid-range.  Having a long range option, even if it isn't great at long range, is fantastic for Pyro, and it's a great finisher if someone is trying to retreat.  For about a year now, whenever I play seriously, I've exclusively used the Flare Gun.  However, a couple of weeks ago, I was playing on Gravel Pit, and the other team had about 3 million Pyros.  I wasn't getting the damage that I needed, so I broke out the Shotgun.  Normally, my hitscan aim is atrocious, but because I still had the comfort of my reliable Degreaser, my aim was actually passable, and I did a lot of work, even after the Pyro army moved on.  It's actually pretty good for me, because a Pyro with a shotgun is a great pocket, and since I like to play close to Medics, we had more synergy than if I had a Flare Gun.  So, I guess what I'm saying is that the Flare Gun and Shotgun are both fantastic weapons for Pyro, and either one is a correct choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment