Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Team Fortress Tuesday #9

In today's thrilling installment, I want to talk about the Righteous Bison.  It's a good weapon, but I rarely ever see it, and if I do, it's in the hands of some hatless guy who's probably been playing the game for two weeks, got the weapon in a drop, and is testing it out.  What I'm trying to say here is that I never see the item used well, and I think that's too bad.  Now, I confess, I play a lot of Soldier, it's my most played class, but most of that time was spent with the Gunboats on.  I'm a decent rocket jumper, and I enjoy the roamer style.  On those rare occasions when there is a Medic giving me consistent heals, I do pull out the Bison, and I think I do quite well with it.  If used properly, it can be an effective weapon.  It's great for spamming chokes, with the penetration you can get a lot of damage done in one shot.  It's also good for softening up enemies as they try to close the distance.  It's a decent weapon overall, and if you're good with projectiles and prediction, it's a viable alternative to the shotgun.  Especially if you're like me and freak out every time you pull the shotgun out.  Sometimes it's like I'm missing on purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment