Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Team Fortress Tuesday #5

For this edition, I want to talk about my favorite maps.  When it comes to maps, I have a strong preference towards 5CP.  3 out of the 4 are 5CP: Process, Gullywash, and Badlands.  Process is insanely fun for Soldier because of all the ramps.  Rocket jumping is so much fun with all the different skip jumps off the ramps.  You can go from one side of the map to the other in one series of jumps, and that never gets old.  Gullywash can get stalematey, but I don't know, it has an interesting design, the control points are unique.  And I love the underground route to the last control point, it has helped me end many games of Engineer Fortress.  Of course, Badlands is a classic, the spire is just so ridiculously fun to fight on.  The other map I really enjoy is Gravel Pit.  I feel like it rewards intelligent gameplay, which is something I can always get behind.  Also, I've played the map so much I really know it like the back of my hand.  Based off of that experience, it seems to be friendly towards all the classes, and even though I prefer 6's to Highlander, I think for pubs, it's good to give every class something to do.  That isn't the case with my guilty pleasure map.  We all have one, that map that is terrible in every way but you like anyway for whatever reason.  For me, that map is Dustbowl.  It's terrible, it really is, but I have fun on it sometimes, and you get to laugh at some of those players who don't know any better.  Watching five hatless engineers whacking their sentries is comedy gold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment