Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Super Smash Brothers: Melee Versus Brawl

When it comes to Smash Bros, I've always been a Melee fan.  It's what I learned on, and for quite a while my roommate in freshman year and I went head to head for many an hour.  He was very good at the game, and he only got better as we went along.  I'll admit, he and another one of my friends are really good at the game, about as good as a casual Smash Bros player will be.  I'm not quite at their level, but I put up a decent fight, they actually have to try to beat me.  I play Falco, and my friends play Sheik and Falco.  The action is intense, and honestly, I had trouble playing as other characters because of how slow they fell.  Falco falls fast, and I got used to that.  Now, I've been playing Brawl in recent days, and I'm still not used to the slow falling in that game.  I'm sitting around waiting to hit the ground, it really does mess up my timing.  Everything in Brawl feels slower, and while I do like the game, I feel that Melee was overall better.  The arenas are less chaotic, the action is faster, and some of the items in Brawl are a little ridiculous.  I hate to say that Brawl is oriented towards more casual gamers, but it just isn't as focused as Melee.  So, if you want to have a serious fight, play Melee, if you want to goof off with friends, play Brawl, turn all the items off except for the various bombs, set the drop rate to high, and watch everything explode.  The cluster bomb thing is ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment