Featured Post
Review: Southern Pines Golf Club (Part 1)
For our final golf course on this North Carolina getaway, we turn to Southern Pines, which would appear on a surface level to be the third m...
Tuesday, August 6, 2013
Team Fortress Tuesday #3
I completely forgot about this last week, but TFTuesdays are back. This time around, I want to talk about a controversial group that you can find in any game, but have a real onus in Team Fortress 2. I'm talking about those players who are bad at the game. I recall reading something on World of Warcraft that I think is all too true for any online game, "The only thing they hate more than people who don't play are the people who are new to the game." I feel that sentiment works especially well for Team Fortress 2. As you might know, the game became free to play a little more than two years ago. This opened the floodgates for all sorts of people to download the game and give it a try. I should know, I was one of them. It also meant that any sort of bad player was labeled a F2P and vigorously insulted. While that insult doesn't get tossed around as much anymore, I still see anybody who is bad at the game get abused for being bad at the game. I see it a lot, because I play on the basic Valve servers. I don't know, maybe it's because I've been there, but I just don't understand why it's so fashionable to dump on new players. I see some guy whiffing every shot and moving in a completely incomprehensible fashion, I don't get mad, I laugh. We have four Snipers on a team? I'll join them. If it becomes clear that we're not going to win because the other team is just better than us, it's not a big deal to me. Sure, winning is fun, but I'm not going to break my back over trying to achieve something that isn't going to happen. I mean, what sort of mean-spirited person doesn't crack a smile watching some laggy Spy waving their knife in an enemy Heavy's face?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment