Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pushing Daisies

I remember watching Pushing Daisies when it was first on.  Actually, it was rather special, as it was one of the few shows the entire family sat down and watched because we all really liked it.  Unfortunately, it didn't last very long.  I don't remember why, but I missed the last couple episodes when they aired, and since I've never seen reruns of the show, I had never seen how it ended.  That changed today.  I've been watching the show for the past week or so, and I got myself all caught up.  There were only 21 episodes, it didn't take too long.  While I was watching, my initial feelings on the show were confirmed: this was one of the greatest things I'd ever seen.  I love everything about the show, the characters, the dialogue, the visuals, everything about the show was great.  It was so off the wall, yet it never felt absurd.  The visual aspect was perhaps the show's greatest strength, it seems like it's rare nowadays to find a live-action TV show that aspires to be bright and colorful.  I don't know what it is, but everybody like dark and gloomy.  Actually, I could go on about the show for a long time, but I don't want to ramble.  So I'll just say that of all the shows cancelled before their time, this one hurts me the most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment