Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Tom Bombadil

So, I'm a fan of the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, both the movies and the books.  I was discussing some stuff about Middle-Earth when Tom Bombadil came up.  I'm sorry, but Tom Bombadil was the worst part of the first book, and it would have been so much better without him.  I honestly skip that section because I hate the character so much.  I know he's supposed to be an integral part of Middle-Earth, that he's some sort of nature spirit and he represents everything that the good guys are fighting for.  But he is just an awful character.  The movies did the right thing cutting him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment