Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, July 11, 2021

Beer of the Week

The beer: Sue

Brewed by: Yazoo Brewing Company, Madison, Tennessee

Description (from the website): "The South is famous for smoking everything – so why not beer? Sue is a big, rich, smoky malt bomb of a beer, with mellow smokiness coming from barley malts smoked with cherrywood, and assertive bitterness from Galena and Perle hops to cleanse the finish."

Would I buy it again?: First off, this is the shortest and simplest beer name I've ever seen, and probably always will be. Secondly, the advertising of this beer is completely accurate. The smokiness of the porter is truly something to behold. I've never tasted a beer quite like it, though I have had a scotch with a similar amount of smokiness. I did enjoy this, and I wouldn't be opposed to drinking it again, but it's not the most approachable beer in the world, and I could see people really disliking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment