Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Beer of the Week

The beer: Saisonztraminer

Brewed by: Brewery Ommegang, Cooperstown, New York

Description (from the website): "Saisonztraminer begins as a delicate farmhouse saison. After the brew house, gewürztraminer grape juice is blended in and the mixture is cofermented using our house Belgian yeast. The result is a beer with all the peppery phenols and lively effervescence one would expect of the style, but with flavors of rose petals, lychee fruit and honeysuckle, as well as a vinous minerality that would be impossible to achieve without the cofermentation process."

Would I buy it again?: This is certainly one of the fanciest beers I've ever had, and I wish I had a more appropriate glass for it. But I'm fairly confident that the correct glass wouldn't make it taste that much better. Frankly it doesn't have much taste at all. At least, not nearly as much as I was expecting, considering it's basically got wine in it. It's actually a pretty light and drinkable beer, which would be fine if it cost $8 for a six pack. But I'm sure it doesn't, so I'm going to say that this really isn't worth the cost. I wouldn't get it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment