Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Beer of the Week

The beer: On The Wings of Armageddon Imperial IPA

Brewed by: DC Brau Brewing Company, Washington, D.C.

Description (from the website): "The Mayan calendar predicted the 'transition from one world age to another' on December 21, 2012, and DC Brau fulfilled this prophecy by introducing On the Wings of Armageddon, an Imperial IPA unlike any other. The recipe includes Pale Malt, Cara-60, Carapils, and Malted Wheat with Falconer’s Flight hops."

Would I buy it again?: I had a certain expectation when I took my first sip of this beer. An imperial IPA with that name with a skull on the label? Surely I was in for a rough time. But no, despite all evidence to the contrary, this beer is surprisingly docile. Fairly hoppy, yes, but not unreasonably so. Actually, I thought it was quite drinkable. I'm not sure I'd get it again, but I wouldn't be completely opposed to the idea. It's a better Imperial IPA than Dogfish Head's 120 Minute IPA, and much cheaper too.

No comments:

Post a Comment