Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, August 19, 2018

Beer of the Week

The beer: 120 Minute IPA

Brewed by: Dogfish Head Brewery, Milton, Delaware

Description (from the website): "Clocking in at 15-20% ABV, 120 Minute IPA is continuously hopped with a copious amount of high-alpha American hops throughout the boil and whirlpool, and then dry-hopped with another pallet of hops. Unfiltered and abundently hoppy, it's the Holy Grail for hopheads!"

Would I buy it again?: Definitely not. Now, I am definitely not a hop fanatic, but I was still eager to finally try out this beer. It's very well known, and my friends have had nothing but good things to say about it. Maybe I was expecting too much. But when I tasted it, I was thoroughly underwhelmed. To be honest, it didn't really taste like much of anything. It was extremely subtle and understated. Now, that's not a bad thing, per se, but this is a $10 bottle of beer we're talking about here. When I bought it, I wanted something spectacular. Something to make the insane price tag even remotely worthwhile. But I didn't. I was bored the whole time drinking this beer.

To be clear, the 120 Minute isn't a bad beer, but when a single 12 ounce bottle costs as much as a six pack of normal craft beer, it had better be beyond amazing. And it wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment