Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Video Games and Getting Older

It's funny how your priorities change as you get older, especially when it comes to video games.  Even just a year or so ago, I couldn't get enough of them.  I could easily spent 6 hours or more at a time playing a game.  I should say that if I'm playing with other people, I can still go for long periods of time, but that's a bit different.  That's more of a social experience rather than a purely gaming one.  When it comes to individual gaming, I just can't do it anymore.  Not like I used to. 

There are quite a few games that I have started that I haven't finished.  I have the Metroid Prime series, the Half-Life series, and a couple of Legend of Zelda playthroughs that I started but have yet to finish.  I would love to finish them all as soon as possible, but I just have no drive to spend long hours playing them.  It's probably going to take me years to finish all of those.

I don't want to say that video games are a kid's activity, cause they're not.  However, I get the feeling that as I get into adulthood, it's only going to be certain kinds of games that will be appealing.  Multiplayer Nintendo games are probably going to be in because let's face it, lots of people like and play Nintendo games like Mario Kart and Smash Bros.  Providing Team Fortress 2 maintains its popularity, I'll still be playing that because there's no time pressure to it.  I can play for half an hour every few days and not lose anything.  Cheap, innovative indie games are probably in as well because they'll be short and provide decent money value.  I don't want to take anything away from expensive, mainstream games with a lot of DLC, but I just don't have the time or the willingness to invest in games like that.  That's just the way it is, and I'm not really too sad about it.  I never liked those big games anyway.  

My Other Blogs
Cool Science News
Cool Golf News

My Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment