Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

State College Has Been Explored

So, I've lived in State College for quite a while now, and I do a lot of walking.  Over the past four years, I've seen most of the town up close, I've walked basically everywhere, with one notable exception.  The entire southwest corner of town was completely unknown to me, because when I was living on campus, it was too far away, and for the past year and a half I've been in this apartment, I just haven't wanted to....until today.

That dramatic pause there probably made it sound a lot more interesting then it really was.  I mean, for a brief moment, I thought I had lost civilization altogether.  There was a barn on my right and an empty field on my left.  I was wondering, "What have I done?  I'm gonna have to walk back the way I came!" I hate doing that.  Luckily, I walked a little more, and townhouses came back into view.  I hadn't lost the town.  And now, I know my way around a part of State College that I have never been to before and probably won't visit again, because there's nothing out there.  Hooray?

My Other Blogs
Cool Science News
Cool Golf News

My Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment