Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Thursday, April 3, 2014

New Mario Kart 8 Trailer

This video just came out today.  It shows quite a bit of what gameplay will look like in the new Mario Kart game, including a couple of new items and the whole upside-down component.  Now, I'm sure that many people will enjoy more items, but personally, I thought there were way too many things in Mario Kart 7.  I acknowledge that blue shells are probably a necessity as they prevent excessive victory margins (usually), but the cloud, the shrink lightning, and the Pow block are just terrible.  I can't say I'm a fan of red shells either, they're either ridiculously annoying or completely unreliable, running immediately into a wall or off a cliff.  I don't know about the anti-gravity thing either, watching the trailer was enough to get me confused as to what was going on.  Mario Kart shouldn't be particularly complicated, and I'm afraid that the anti-gravity makes it so.  Nintendo's been doing this for a while though, so if anybody can make all this work, they can.

My Other Blogs
Cool Science News
Cool Golf News

My Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment