Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, August 4, 2024

Cider of the Week

The cider: 1911 Maple Bourbon Barrel Aged Hard Cider

The cidery: Beak & Skiff Apple Orchards, Lafayette, New York

Description (from Untappd): "Maple Bourbon Barrel Aged Hard Cider is the first limited release in our elevated Masters’ Series. Patient attention to detail was the key ingredient to creating truly unique flavor profiles in this line up of ciders. MBBAHC is a sweet cider that has been years in the making."

Would I buy it again? It may only be the first weekend in August, but the fall beers are already coming out. Of course, this isn't a beer, but you try to tell me that a maple-flavored hard cider isn't at least a little autumnal. 

Anyway, I'm glad I didn't wait any longer, because this thing is absolutely incredible. Quite possibly the best hard cider I've ever had. The maple hits instantly, and the sweet cider flavor follows it up perfectly. And best of all, since it's a cider and therefore relatively light, it doesn't even feel bad to drink it on a hot summer day. I really hope I can find more of this, because I'd buy more in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment