Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, August 18, 2024

Beer of the Week

The beer: Against the Grain

The brewery: Idiom Brewing Company, Frederick, Maryland

Description (from Untappd): "Discover the bold flavors of Against the Grain, a distinct and refreshing American Wheat beer crafted to captivate your senses. This vibrant brew is a harmonious blend of traditional wheat beer smoothness and the exhilarating zest of hops. A blend of Comet, Amarillo, Citra and Sabro create a melange of bright citrus zest coupled with hints of wild forest berries, mango and nuanced notes of lime and a touch of coconut. Each sip of Against the Grain delivers a balanced and invigorating taste journey, perfect for hop enthusiasts and wheat beer lovers alike."

Would I buy it again? This is one of those beers where I'm of two minds on how I feel about it. On the one hand, it does what it sets out to do very well. It feels like a light, pleasant wheat beer, but it's also got the hoppy juiciness of an IPA. There's none of the usual IPA bitterness. But on the other hand, I'm just not that big into really hoppy beers. They're fine, on occasion, just to mix things up, but they're not a go-to for me. I guess that's where I'd classify this; I would buy it again, but only on occasion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment