Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, September 10, 2023

Beer of the Week

The beer: Vanilla Double Wizard

The brewery: Black Flag Brewing Company, Columbia, Maryland

Description (from Untappd): "This 8% ABV Hazy Double IPA features a heavy hitting blend of Citra, Mosaic, and Simcoe hops throughout the whirlpool and dry hopping, along with a large drop-in of Tahitian Vanilla Beans. Imagine the vibrant pithy citrus notes of these popular hops blended with the mellow, full-bodied sweetness of pure vanilla bean; a genuine hopped orange dreamsicle!"

Would I buy it again? The beer itself is perfectly fine. Very juicy, with a citrusy flavor, it's easy and pleasant to drink, and I like it. But there's an issue: I taste literally no vanilla. And with a name like "Vanilla Double Wizard," I was really expecting at least a little vanilla. I wanted to experience a vanilla-flavored IPA, but I got something much more average. So I'd probably pass on it in the future. Good, but not what I was looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment