Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, August 15, 2021

Beer of the Week

The beer: Fool's Gold Imperial Peanut Butter Hefeweizen

Brewed by: Rusty Rail Brewing Company, Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania

Description (from the website): "Banana flavors give way to a peanut butter aroma & subtle peanut butter flavor."

Would I buy it again?: It's back to beer, and we've got a weird one. Imperial peanut butter hefeweizen is not a combination I ever expected to see, and unfortunately, I'm not sure it's worked. I didn't really enjoy this; I think that I'm just not a fan of peanut butter in beer. I will say this though, you really can taste the peanut butter.

Now, a while ago I reviewed a blackberry porter that reminded me of blackberry jelly, and I said that I'd like to buy a peanut butter beer, combine the two, and make a PB&J beer cocktail. It was a while ago (I've had this beer sitting around for months), but I did do that, and while it wasn't quite as good as I was hoping for – they didn't mix quite as well as I was hoping for and the cocktail was quite thick and tough to drink quickly – I did like it better than this alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment