Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, February 28, 2021

Beer of the Week

The beer: Blackberry Barrel Porter

Brewed by: Lexington Brewing and Distilling Company, Lexington, Kentucky

Description (from the website): "This bold and dark beer has a nose of fresh blackberries, and features notes of roasted malt, chocolate and vanilla on the palate.  Finishing with the flavor of blackberry jam reminds you that spring has almost arrived."

Would I buy it again?: This is the first time I've ever had a beer with blackberries in it, and I was kind of excited to try this based on the description. I like blackberry jam (is there a difference between jam and jelly? Well, whatever.) And you know what? It absolutely tastes like I'm drinking blackberry jam. But we run into yet another case where it tastes a bit too much like the flavor and not enough like a beer. I'm actually kind of tempted to buy a peanut butter–flavored beer, mix the two together, and make an alcoholic PB&J. If I do that, I'll definitely post the results. I could be onto something here. Otherwise, I'll probably give this beer a pass in the future. It was okay, but I didn't love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment