Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, February 7, 2021

Beer of the Week

The beer: Shiner Candied Pecan Porter

Brewed by: Spoetzl Brewery, Shiner, Texas

Description (from Untappd): "Brewed with roasted praline pecans, this robust porter provides subtle notes of roasted pecans, vanilla, caramel and brown sugar."

Would I buy it again?: Shiner beers aren't usually something I'd think about reviewing because, frankly, I see them as basically the Yuengling of Texas. A craft brewery, sure, but only by the technical definition. The Shiner Bock is pretty similar to a standard Yuengling lager. But this is worth reviewing, because I really, really like this. I had a pecan beer a few months ago and didn't care for it, but this one is delicious, thanks to the addition of caramel and vanilla. I hope it sticks around.

No comments:

Post a Comment