Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, August 24, 2014

A Very Interesting Article

I was coming back from work one day last week when I saw a truck covered in anti-Obama and Tea Party banners.  Now, this would be no big deal at home, but this was in Montgomery County, which like most urban areas is very liberal.  It made me laugh, and it also reminded me of a very interesting article I had read a few years back about the differences between Red America and Blue America.  It's a very interesting read, but especially for me, since it focuses on the differences between Franklin County and Montgomery County.  I live in Waynesboro, Pennsylvania, which is in Franklin County, and I work in Rockville, Maryland, which is in Montgomery County.  So yes, I find what it has to say quite relevant.  It's a pretty long article, so I won't go into any detail, but I will say that even though the two counties are only about 50 or 60 miles apart, there is a world of difference between the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment