Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Friday, March 28, 2014

Writing Tips #3

This is a useful thing I recently picked up recently while looking at magazines for publishing.  I found one magazine that only published short stories that were fewer than 420 characters.  Yes, characters, not words.  You can see one that I did here.  It's actually a pretty interesting idea for practicing your writing.  Writing a coherent story with a definitive beginning, middle and end in so short a space really helps you cut through all the crap you would normally write.  We all do it, throwing in lots of fluff because it sounds good.  With so few words, you have to cut right to the point, and I actually kind of liked writing like that.  It was fun, and I would recommend it to any writer.  It helps.

My Other Blogs
Cool Science News
Cool Golf News

My Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment