Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Team Fortress Tuesday #13

I've got a couple of subjects for today.  First off, I want to talk about name and description tags.  Now, I like them.  I've certainly used my fair share, and I think they're a good thing.  You get to show off your creativity, your interests.  Most of mine are Shakespeare-related, with a few other famous quotes thrown in.  They're nice, they give a little bit of individuality to my stuff, they make my otherwise identical items different.  Unfortunately, most other item names are, frankly, terrible.  They're all just variations of "I killed you", or "I'm better than you".  Some are a bit more creative than others, but they all seem to conspire to make the opponent feel worse about themselves.  I know that it's the internet, and you just have to expect this sort of thing, but it's seriously everywhere.  I guess I just hoped that people were a little better than that.  So, if you're reading this and you're thinking about renaming your TF2 items, don't add insult to injury.  Be a better person.

So, second thing is a big charity event that is happening this weekend called Tip of the Hats.  It's hosted by the competitive TF2 community, and it benefits a camp meant to help children with cancer.  Last year, it raised $35,000, and this year should be even bigger.  It's taking place this weekend, and here is their website, along with information about all the events.  I know I'll be tuning in to watch, it should be a fun time.

My Other Blogs
Cool Science News
Cool Golf News

My Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment