Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Beer of the Week

The beer: King Size Stout

Brewed by: Backwoods Brewing Company, Stevenson, Washington

Description (from the website): "Though no candy bars were harmed in the making of this beer, it was carefully crafted to taste like your favorite chocolate, peanut, nougat, and caramel bar."

Would I buy it again? Since I don't have a favorite chocolate, peanut, nougat, and caramel bar (research has told me that would be a Snickers bar – I do not know candy at all), I'll just have to judge this beer on its own merits. And it's fine. Not spectacular, and it does nothing to convince me that peanuts belong in beer, but it's decent enough. I wouldn't buy it again, but it's not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment