Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, December 26, 2021

Beer of the Week

The beer: First Kick

Brewed by: Mobtown Brewing Company, Baltimore, Maryland

Description (from Untappd): "A crisp American style Pilsner dry-hopped with Sterling and Loral for a spicy floral and herbal aroma, accentuated with a touch of fruity citrus."

Would I buy it again?: Okay, I know a fairly standard pilsner isn't exactly a winter beer, but I wanted this to be the final beer review of 2021. You don't come across Bruce Springsteen–themed beer every day. Personally, I prefer Atlantic City to Born in the USA, but this is a beer review, not a music review. As it turns out, the name is appropriate, as this beer certainly has the Boss' trademark high energy, kicking about a quarter of the contents of the can out onto the counter the second I opened it. That was a little unfortunate. Anyway, despite only getting to drink three-quarters of the can, I can safely say that I would buy this beer again, but that's almost entirely down to the name.  Hey, whatever it takes to distinguish yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment