Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, December 19, 2021

Beer of the Week

The beer: The PastryArchy Root Beer Float

Brewed by: DuClaw Brewing Company, Rosedale, Maryland

Description (from the website): "Emulating aromas & flavors of the classic, all-American root beer-meets-vanilla ice cream concoction, this imperial brown ale with additions of vanilla bean & lactose will take you back to simpler times, bellying up to the soda fountain or mom’s kitchen table. Enjoy straight up, or poured over a scoop of ice cream for a special treat."

Would I buy it again?: I'm not sure this exactly tastes like root beer, but I'm a fan of it nonetheless. The vanilla is definitely noticeable, but not like the Vanilla Cream Ale I had a while ago. I would definitely buy this again, though I feel like it's a definite winter beer, which is a bit contrary to what the description suggests. I know, heading to the local soda shop and drinking root beer with ice cream isn't exclusively a summer activity, but to me, eating ice cream in winter is just weird. In summer, I get it. This also isn't the first imperial brown ale I've enjoyed, apparently it's a style I need to look out for.

No comments:

Post a Comment