Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, March 28, 2021

Beer of the Week

The beer: Raspberry Milk Stout

Brewed by: Flying Dog Brewery, Frederick, Maryland

Description (from the website): "Nothing burns quite like the cold. For that reason, it’s recommended you stay indoors for the duration of winter, hide under a pile of six blankets, and crack open a beer. This beer. Fresh, jammy raspberry adds sweetness and complements the dark malt flavors of chocolate, coffee and lonely isolation. Enjoy, we’ll see you in a few months."

Would I buy it again?: It was better than the other raspberry beers that I've had in the past, as the raspberry taste was nicely balanced with the milk stout base. I'd say it was slightly above average, but I'm not going to go out of my way to buy a beer that's only a bit better than average. That said, if it's sold alongside the S'more Porter like it was in the case that I bought, I'm going to encounter it again, and that's fine. I can live with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment