Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, March 14, 2021

Beer of the Week

The beer: Regular Beer

Brewed by: DuClaw Brewing Company, Rosedale, Maryland

Description (from the website): "This is beer that tastes like regular beer. For the times you want to drink regular beer."

Would I buy it again?: DuClaw is a pretty big deal in Maryland. They're an older brewery, dating back to the 90s, and they make some interesting beer. Well, I say interesting, but what I mean is I don't really like them much. Their most well-known beer is Sweet Baby Jesus, a beer that tastes exactly like a Reeses, and not in an appealing way. Frankly, they were the last people who I thought would make a plain standard lager like this. But they did, and I really like the fact that they did. Of course, by doing so they're competing directly with Yuengling, the titan of affordable lager. And yes, this beer is more expensive. But I will buy this beer again because I like the label and the name, and I appreciate that someone out there realizes that beer has gotten a bit ridiculous. A four pack will cost $18 or something, and you'll get some weird triple IPA brewed with lactose and five kinds of fruit, or maybe you'll get a stout stuffed with peanut butter and cream and who even knows what else. Sure, they're fine on occasion, but sometimes I just want a regular plain old beer. And that's what this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment