Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, March 3, 2019

Beer of the Week

The beer: Blood Red Sky

Brewed by: Innis & Gunn Brewing Company, Edinburgh, Scotland

Description (from the website): "Blood Red Sky sets a scene. Warm Caribbean sand, flickering candles, cold beer and anticipation of the night to come. From this place came the inspiration for this brew. Jamaican rum barrels meet Scottish red beer in an explosion of cool, spicy rum notes, vanilla and rich fruit. We brew Blood Red Sky using our unique barrel into beer method, turning the traditional beer into barrel process on its head without losing any of the wonderful flavours and aromas from the barrel."

Would I buy it again?: Yes, I would. I got this as a birthday present a few days ago, and the idea of a rum barrel-aged beer was so intriguing I had to drink a bottle of it right away. I've seen plenty of bourbon barrel-aged beer, but not rum barrel. I'm not a huge drinker of rum, but this beer was very good. I could definitely taste the rum, and it mixed very well with the beer. I think I actually like it better than the bourbon barrel beers I've had in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment