Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Beer of the Week

The beer: Hazelnut Brown Nectar

Brewed by: Rogue Ales, Newport, Oregon

Description (from the website): "From the hazelnut capital of the United States, this nutty twist on a European brown ale was originally crafted by Rogue Brewmaster John Maier's good friend and avid home-brewer, Chris Studach. Hazelnut Brown Nectar offers a hazelnut aroma with rich nutty flavor and a smooth malty finish."

Would I buy it again?: Probably not. This is one of those beers that didn't really distinguish itself one way or the other. I didn't dislike it, but I didn't love it. It was fine drinking it in the moment, but it was kind of forgettable. I liked the Honey Kolsch Rogue makes a lot more, so much so that for the first time, I followed through on my "Would I buy it again?" decision and bought it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment