Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, September 16, 2018

Beer of the Week

The beer: Black Lager

Brewed by: Devil's Backbone Brewing Company, Roseland, Virginia

Description (from the website): "Derived from the recipes of medieval Germanic brewers, our Black Lager embodies a millennium of refinement. Schwarzbier (literally: black beer) originates from eastern Germany and is a window into premodern brewing. Medieval brewers browned barley over open flames; today we get the characteristically subtle roasted flavor by using the finest toasted malts. This sophisticated little gem is fermented with lager yeast, and finishes quick and dry."

Would I buy it again?: Well, considering I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time I've had this beer, I'm going to go ahead and say yes, I'll probably get this again. I like black lagers quite a bit, but they're not particularly common. This one isn't quite as good as Sam Adams' black lager, but it's still pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment