Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Team Fortress Tuesday #12

Sniping in Team Fortress 2.  This isn't going to be a rant about how there are too many snipers around, nor is it going to be a rant about how Snipers are too good.  I don't have much trouble with Snipers.  I just don't like the mechanic in general.  In every game I've ever played that's had a sniper class, or even a sniper rifle, I have never touched it.  I can't stand sniping, it's boring and I just have absolutely no fun with it.  I also just find the ability to instantly kill someone at long range the opposite of fun.

I feel this is especially true in TF2, because other than sniping, combat in the game is mid and short range.  You can always see your opponents(except for Spies, but that's different), and you're always very involved in the engagement.  Now, the Huntsman does a great job of getting the Sniper in the thick of battle and allows for proper engagement.  Even if you die, you feel as if you had control of the situation.  I think that if TF2 went back to the drawing board, something like the Huntsman would be the stock weapon for Sniper, because I think it's more fair and enjoyable in every way.

Of course, I would be a fool to think that the Huntsman is the better weapon. If I have to snipe, I'm going to use the regular rifle.  It's just more powerful.  I don't want to say that the rifle is necessary, because I'm not sure it is, but as the game currently stands right now, it's just something that we have to deal with.  I hate it, I really do, but there it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment