Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Mario Kart

I play a lot of Mario Kart with my younger brothers.  I use the Offroader, which I hear isn't very good, but I enjoy it.  It's big, so you can shove people around, and it actually accelerates.  Now, I don't usually win when we all play.  My brothers use better carts, and being big means you get hit with more stuff.  Now, one of my brothers gets ridiculously mad at the game.  He's a very competitive person, and he definitely expects skill to be rewarded in kind.  Now, if you've played Mario Kart, you know perfectly well that skill is usually rewarded with blue shells.  I'm a competitive person too, but I've learned a valuable tool that everybody should utilize when playing multiplayer Nintendo games.  Never try to win, you'll just end up tossing a controller out a window.  Just try to have fun, and wait for the other guy to get mad.  Then you win.  Or if you're playing Brawl, use Snake, lay mines and grenades everywhere, get kills somebody else spent a minute working on.  See, fun.  But seriously, especially with Mario Kart, it just doesn't pay to get too bent out of shape on the constant blue shells, and other annoying hazards.  You'll just end up losing your voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment