Featured Post

Review: Southern Pines Golf Club (Part 1)

For our final golf course on this North Carolina getaway, we turn to Southern Pines, which would appear on a surface level to be the third m...

Monday, September 14, 2026

Beer of the Week

The beer: Split Decision

The brewery: Abita Brewing Company, Covington, Louisiana

Description (from the website): "Why choose just one? This crisp, clean lager is infused with the classic trio of Neapolitan flavors – luscious strawberry, rich cocoa, and smooth vanilla – for a surprisingly refreshing twist on dessert. Light-bodied with a hint of sweetness and a creamy finish, it’s nostalgia in a bottle."

Would I buy it again? There was a big question on my mind when I bought this beer: Could it manage to retain its lager-ness while including the bold flavors proclaimed on the label? And the answer is ... not really. Don't get me wrong, it's a solid beer and I liked drinking it, but it does not feel like a lager. As to the actual question of whether I would buy this again, yeah, I probably would. Is it a pure lager? No. Is it still tasty? Yes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment