Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, June 9, 2024

Beer of the Week

The beer: I'll Be Your Huckleberry

Brewed by: Idiom Brewing Company, Frederick, Maryland

Description (from Untappd): "We got together with our friends at World of Beer to bring you the perfect seasonal crusher! At 5% ABV, this light, crisp Kölsch received a healthy addition of huckleberries to add a slightly sweet and refreshing finish. Sit back and relax, this brew is the right one for the job!"

Would I buy it again? I've never had huckleberries before, so I can't comment on the taste comparison, but in general the fruitiness and the light maltiness of the beer work extremely well together, without one overpowering the other. Far from tasting like a dense literary journey up the Mississippi River, I would definitely classify this as a pleasant, easy beer to drink on a hot summer day; as such, I'd definitely buy this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment