Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, December 31, 2023

Beer of the Week

The beer: Santa! I Know Him!

The brewery: Evil Genius Beer Company, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Description (from Untappd): "A complex Belgian-style ale that kisses Santa Claus. Our holiday saison is brewed with rose hips, chamomile, black currants, and dark candy syrup. Complex and intriguing, this is the one who broke dad’s leg lamp."

Would I buy it again? I don't think I've ever had a holiday/winter-themed saison before, since that particular style is more associated with spring. And you know what? If this beer is anything to go by, that's a mistake, because this particular saison is excellent. Cool and refreshing to drink, with the rose hips and chamomile playing gently with the syrup and beer undertones. I hope it's still around next time I go beer shopping, because I'm definitely buying more.

No comments:

Post a Comment