Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, November 20, 2022

Beer of the Week

The beer: Smoked Maple Porter

Brewed by: Flying Dog Brewery, Frederick, Maryland

Description (from Untappd): "Available exclusively in Snowplowed Hibernation Pack - The flannel shirts of beer. Brewed with maple syrup and a hefty dose of lumberjack musk, this smoked porter has the perfect smoky sweet balance that feels like a hug from your favorite red and black buffalo check shirt."

Would I buy it again? It's been a while since I've reviewed a Flying Dog beer, but I couldn't resist buying the Snowplowed winter pack, since it had three beers that looked really interesting. We're starting off with the least noteworthy of the bunch. I was promised a smoked maple porter. What I received is certainly smoked, and certainly a porter, but maple? Maybe a little hint of it, but the smoke is definitely dominant in this beer. It's not bad, but it's definitely the weakest of the three beers in the pack. I'd buy it again to get the other two, but I wouldn't get it on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment