Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, July 17, 2022

Beer of the Week

The beer: Radiant Luxe

Brewed by: By All Means Brewing, Billings, Montana

Description (from the website): Radiant Luxe is an Imperial variant of our refreshing Witbier. Aged in Foeders, Peach Brandy, Orange Liqueur, and VSOP Cognac Barrels; this brew is packed full of refined flavors that carefully evolve over time.

Would I buy it again?: This is an interesting one. Witbiers are usually very light, easy drinkers, and I've never seen an imperial witbier before. Perhaps unsurprisingly for a barrel-aged beer, it's got a very different taste than what you might expect, and this reminded me more of a wine than a beer. As for buying this again, I'm kind of on the fence. On the one hand, it's very unique and the taste was good. I enjoyed drinking it. On the other, it's filling a niche that I wasn't really looking to be filled. It's a heavy light beer, if that makes sense. I would probably lean toward no then.

No comments:

Post a Comment