Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Beer of the Week

The beer: Pumpkin Oktoberfest

Brewed by: Red Shedman Farm Brewery, Mt. Airy, Maryland

Description (from Untappd): "A true Oktoberfest malt combination with 140 lbs of fresh pumpkin. Mildly spiced for the holiday season"

Would I buy it again?: When I saw that one of my local beer distributors was selling crowlers of a pumpkin Oktoberfest beer, I knew I had to get it. I'm sure Red Shedman aren't the first people to combine the two definitive styles of fall beer, but I've never seen it before. Unfortunately, I was left a bit disappointed. There's a little bit of pumpkin flavor, but it's more an Oktoberfest with a hint of pumpkin, rather than a true marriage of the two styles. I think if you were offered it without being told there was pumpkin in it, there's a good chance you wouldn't even realize. Was it bad? No, it was a perfectly fine Oktoberfest. But I think the search for a true pumpkin Oktoberfest continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment