Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, September 6, 2020

Beer of the Week

The beer: Dead Rise Old Bay Gose

Brewed by: Flying Dog Brewery, Frederick, Maryland

Description (from the website): "Our most-piloted beer to date is brewed with the rugged spirit of the Chesapeake Bay watermen. Born in the heart of crab country, Dead Rise started as a gose, highlighting the bold spiciness of Maryland’s most beloved culinary staple: OLD BAY seasoning. Over the years, Dead Rise has evolved into an easy-drinking blonde ale, perfect for backyard BBQs, deck parties, and sunny summer days drifting aimlessly on the water in a speedboat that’s run out of gas. The combination of lemon peel and Cascade and Citra hops make this beer the perfect sidekick for seafood, seafood, seafood, and also seafood."

Would I buy it again?: I got suckered in by the Old Bay beer that Flying Dog made last year, but this year was going to be different. I wasn't going to do it, but then a friend wanted me to buy some, so I bought some for myself too. Not again though. I'll drink pretty much any beer, but I really do not enjoy drinking this. Old Bay and beer don't mix, and I also don't like goses or sour beers. So this gets a big "no thanks" from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment