Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Thursday, December 5, 2019

Twilight Of The Amber Ale

I won't say I'm a huge fan of amber ales, but they're a classic drinkable beer. The sort of beer you don't lead off with, but something when you're a few in and just looking to enjoy the buzz while you're out with friends. And they're perfect for times when you're sitting at home on a summer day after a long day and you just want something cold and refreshing.

But while I highly doubt any beer style will completely disappear, amber ales have certainly seen more popular days. Their height was a bit before my time (15 year old me wasn't drinking too much), but still, I like seeing amber ales on menus, and the Hopback by Troegs is something I get every time I go there. Now it seems like most breweries deal heavily in IPAs, which I can tolerate, and sours, which I really can't. Drinkability does seem like a lowered priority, which is a shame. Wacky, off-the-wall beers are nice on occasion, but most of the beer I drink is simpler. Don't get me wrong, I love Yuengling, but more choices would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment