Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Beer of the Week

The beer: English Breakfast Stout

Brewed by: Flying Dog Brewery, Frederick, Maryland

Description (from the website): "A full English. A full monty. It can be called whatever, but it's somehow becoming a measuring stick for what breakfast should be. Anytime I can start a day with sausage, bacon, baked beans, tomatoes, fried bread and eggs, I'm in. The only thing missing is a beer to complement it all, and that was the dream for this concept. Rich and robust, with a bit of bitterness from English breakfast tea, and another excuse to drink beer before noon."

Would I buy it again?: Yes, but I sincerely doubt I'll be able to. I don't think I've reviewed one of Flying Dog's Brewhouse Rarities, but as the name implies, the beers are quite rare. It's a case of they make one batch and that's it. They're usually quite weird; to be honest, a breakfast stout with English tea in it is actually pretty tame (I'm looking at you, Tropical Stout). I don't eat breakfast so I can't vouch for its pairing with a traditional English breakfast, but it's quite good on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment