Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, December 23, 2018

Beer of the Week

The beer: Double Chocolate Bock

Brewed by: Block House Brewing, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Description (from Untappd): "Pours a deep brown color with a creamy tan head and enchants the nose with a wallop of sweet cocoa. The boldness of the 6.5% ABV is hidden beneath rich, robust layers of decadent milk-chocolate, creamy vanilla, and silky caramel that accentuates the Bock's sweet malt flavor. This myriad of flavors combines to create the smooth swirl of a heavenly chocolate treat."

Would I buy it again?: What we've got here is a perfect beer for Christmas. And hey, look what's just around the corner? The beer itself is exactly what you think it is. It's chocolate in beer form. That bit about rich and robust layers of decadent milk chocolate, that's no marketing term. If you love chocolate, you'll love this beer. I'm honestly a little disappointed this doesn't come from Troeg's, which is literally right next door to Hershey Park. But that's how it goes.

Now to be honest: I do like this beer and I would buy it again, but only in limited quantities. I like chocolate, but I'm not super crazy about it. And this beer REALLY tastes like chocolate. I don't think I could drink more than one in a night. But I would drink it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment