Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, July 21, 2024

Beer of the Week

The beer: Parrots of the Caribbean Stout

Brewed by: Kings County Brewers Collective, Brooklyn, New York

Description (from the can): "Pours jet black in the glass with a mocha colored head. Notes of palm sugar, English toffee, black treacle. Medium body, dry finish. Approachable and balanced. Not all beer is gold, mate."

Would I buy it again? The taste is quite similar to a Guinness, but since it's not nitrogenized, I actually like it better. It's definitely on the drier side, but not too much so. This isn't exactly a beer for the middle of summer, but I still enjoyed drinking it. And it's about time I reviewed something that isn't a wheat beer. 

Plus, I love the name. You can always win me over with a good pun. I'm not sure I'll be able to find this again, but if I can and it's a more appropriate season, I'd definitely buy this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment