Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, November 26, 2023

Beer of the Week

The beer: Griswold's Doppelbock

The brewery: Solace Brewing Company, Sterling, Virginia 

Description (from the website): "Rich, sweet, malty German style beer with flavors of chocolate and dark stone fruits."

Would I buy it again? I can't resist a doppelbock, it is my favorite style of beer. Unfortunately, while it's genuinely extremely good and I can't really criticize it in terms of taste (at least not in a way that isn't nitpicking), the unfortunate truth is that Troegenators are significantly cheaper (this was $12 for a four pack, while you can get six Troegenators for that price) and the taste is ever so slightly better. Nothing against this beer, I would absolutely never say no to one, but I can't justify buying it over my literal favorite beer. 

Sorry Griswold, it was never a fair fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment