Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, November 12, 2023

Beer of the Week

The beer: Is Butter A Carb?

The brewery: Evil Genius Beer Company, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Description (from Untappd): "The only thing better than pretzels and beer is pretzels in beer, and EG has teamed up with Auntie Anne's to bring you just that. This crisp Oktoberfest-Style Lager was brewed with malt, hopes, and warm, soft pretzels for an extra dose of rich flavor. Don't get it twisted."

Would I buy it again? Perhaps I had unrealistic expectations for this beer. After all, the other pretzel-flavored beer I've had is one of my absolute favorites, and beer and pretzels are such a natural combination. And I think, if I had this beer in isolation without previous knowledge of Aldus' pretzel beer, I'd probably like this beer a whole lot. But I have had Aldus' pretzel beer, and this one just doesn't compare. It's a solid beer, and there's a bit of that bready saltiness, but it just doesn't capture the pretzel magic that Aldus managed. I'm afraid I just could not buy this one again. Once you've had the real deal, you can't make due with a pale imitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment