Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, August 20, 2023

Beer of the Week

The beer: Chai Milk Stout

The brewery: 7 Locks Brewing, Rockville, Maryland

Description (from Untappd): "A medium bodied stout with moderate roast paired with a residual sweetness. It is accompanied by tasty masala chai tea aromatics, such as ginger, clove, cardamom, cinnamon, pepper, and nutmeg."

Would I buy it again? I am not an expert in Indian cuisine, so in order to determine the fidelity of the spice content of this particular beer, I had to call in a local expert on the subcontinent. According to her, the spices are right for Indian chai, but it's lacking milk. She enjoyed it quite a lot, however and so do I. It's very tasty, and definitely not what you expect from a dark stout. It's too bad about the milk though, it's kind of a curious omission. Lactose in beer is a contentious subject, I feel, but for this? Ah well, I'd still buy it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment