Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, October 24, 2021

Beer of the Week

The beer: Pumpkin Roasted Maple Stout

Brewed by: Olde Mother Brewing Company, Frederick, Maryland

Description (from the website): "We took our delicious Roasted Maple Stout and added Pumpkin! Tis the season!"

Would I buy it again?: I know that's not the most informative picture I've ever taken, but I liked the design. Anyway, the beer. I was excited for this one for a couple of reasons. One, pumpkin beers are almost always just plain old ales, I'm not sure if I've seen a pumpkin stout. Also, I like maple in my beer. Does it live up to my hopes? Sort of. I do like it, but I'm not entirely sure how much pumpkin I can taste. There's a lot of things going on with this beer, and I think the flavors got kind of muddled. It's not quite as good as I'd hoped, but I would buy it again if I go down to this place again.

No comments:

Post a Comment