Featured Post

Review: Leatherstocking Golf Course (Part 1)

Most people who visit Cooperstown, New York, are going to see the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is the obvious reason to visit the town...

Sunday, September 19, 2021

Beer of the Week

The beer: The PastryArchy Banana Bread Pudding

Brewed by: DuClaw Brewing Company, Rosedale, Maryland

Description (from the website): "Sip this banana-forward banana bread pudding delight & your senses will be enveloped in aromas of banana, chocolate, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg & confection. Delivered on a backdrop of a classic spiced Hefeweizen, it’s light-to medium-bodied & slightly sweet. Enjoy in traditional Hefeweizen vase, glassware of your choice, or straight from the can!"

Would I buy it again?: I was really intrigued by the combination of things going on with this beer, and that overcame my hesitation with DuClaw beers, which tend to lack subtlety. I was prepared to not like this, but actually, it's pretty good. The banana bread strikes a good balance with the hefeweizen, and while I wouldn't exactly call it easy to drink, it's not heavy either. I would definitely buy it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment